Friday 22 March 2013

Watch this space...

It's been a while.

I chose this blog name years ago. Years. At least 5, probably 7 or 8 and I've never quite gotten around to writing it.

And my life has changed rather a lot since then. Years ago it would have been about beautiful things, gorgeous fabrics and great design. Things I have discovered are pretty impractical with the life I now lead.

Now (hopefully) it will still be about beautiful things and great design but tempered with the realities of having twin toddlers who get into EVERYTHING.

The name came from an Ab Fab quote (not necessarily accurate!) my bestest friend Alex and I used to say all the time "Surfaces, darling, surfaces. It's all about the surfaces." And we both had some lovely surfaces. Pretty things arranged just so. Now, we both have children and pretty things arranged just so isn't quite so easy. Any thing at toddler height has been moved and there isn't really the time or inclination to do anything with the higher up surfaces. And actually, these days the only surface the girls can't reach is the mantlepiece.

Pretty sure that anyone coming to visit our flat now would be surprised I have any interest in interior design. But I'm hoping to change that!

To be honest I'd be happy with everything having a home and the flat being tidy some of the time! Watch this space.....

PS: Have to apologise for the basic blog layout. I'm working on it. Slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment